At SCASS Ltd. we provide a unique care and support plan that works for each individual. The first thing we do when we hear from a new client is to get to know the person's life history, likes, dislikes and, of course, their medical history to help us understand their unique needs. Using this information we develop an individual profile and plan of care.
We encourage and support people to continue doing as many daily tasks as possible, pursue their interests and hobbies, stay active and spend quality time with family and friends. We will ensure that we work with the young adults, their families, friends, advocates and other professionals involved in their lives in gathering all the information we need to make sure we can meet their needs. Our young adults are given every opportunity to choose leisure activities from a large range tailored to meet their individual needs including:-
- Life skills working towards independence, which can include public transport travel training, shopping and money management skills, domestic skills, personal hygiene, plus leisure activities such as trips out into the community, visits to local parks and other local venues, such as libraries, internet cafes and local shopping centres. The young people also enjoy activities such as trampolining, swimming, barbecues in our garden, in-house music and movement sessions and low key aerobics.
- All activities both outside in the community and in-house are risk assessed for the safety and security of the young adults.
- In-house we offer a selection of arts and crafts work, use of the computers and internet and we have our own gym room, which helps them keep fit and healthy when they want to, plus time to socialize with their peers watching television or a video, reading and doing jigsaw puzzles, etc. The young adults are encouraged to take part in cooking sessions, which can include going out shopping to buy the cooking ingredients.
- We are happy to look into and arrange activities suggested by the young adults and will encourage the young people to try new leisure experiences in a supportive environment.
- The young people also have the chance to visit restaurants and clubs, and we offer them support to access college placements, work experience and employment.
- We also arrange activity holidays away once or twice a year to increase the young adults independence and enable them to access activities that they would not normally be able to access.
|Out in the Community||Preparing food|
|Using the computer||Helping paint a mural|
|Watching television||Fun on the Bouncy Castle||Putting up the tree|
|Activities on holiday||Activities on holiday||Activities on holiday|
We also support our young people to attend various Adult Learning Courses at local college, which can include Photography, Yoga for Health, Cake Decorating and computer courses etc.